Celina Ranked 23rd Safest City in Texas!
SafeWise, the leading resource for all things safety and security, announced today the release of it’s 50 safest cities in Texas report for 2019—with 84% of the cities reporting less than one violent crime per 1,000 residents.
The City of Celina ranked as the #23 safest city in Texas!
See the full report here:
SafeWise names Kermit the safest city in Texas with 0 reported incidents of violent crime and only 2.17 property crimes per 1,000 residents. Memorial Village jumped from twelfth to second safest in the state this year, and Trophy Club jumped up 35 spots to claim the number four spot.
The SafeWise report notes that the Lone Star State has slightly higher violent and property crime rates compared to national averages, but all of the top 50 safest cities had property rates lower than the national rate of 27.11 crimes per 1,000 people. That’s impressive for a state that’s so populous.
Key findings from the Safest Cities in Texas Report include:
● Three of the cities on our list have populations over 100,000
● Colleyville and Murphy also made it on the SafeWise 100 Safest Cities in America list in 2019
● 80% of this year’s safest cities also made the safest cities in Texas list in 2018.
● 96% of the cities reported fewer than 100 total violent crimes, and no city saw more than 1.16
incidents per 1,000.
● 80% of the safest cities reported no counts of murder.